This program includes the schedule for the PDS sessions and the Regular Paper Sessions.
Uploading your presentation
PLEASE ENSURE YOU BRING YOUR PRESENTATION ON A USB FOR UPLOAD TO PC DESKTOP.
PDS PITCHES, are to be uploaded by 8:30 am on the day that your pitch session is scheduled (i.e., prior to the keynote presentation that will precedes the pitches) .
ALL PAPER PRESENTATIONS are to be uploaded by the presenting author in the break prior to your scheduled presentation session. The registration desk and AV team will be available from 8:00 am each morning to assist with upload of your presentation . If you are unsure of this procedure please ask at the registration desk upon arrival.
Chair Guidelines Regular Paper Sessions
The roles of the Session Chair are relatively easy, but nonetheless very important. Specifically, Chairs are expected to:
- Report to the Conference Registration desk upon arrival on their particular day of duty. If you wish to swap your allocated session with another Chair then please do so.
- Briefly introduce the speaker/s in your session. Name and affiliation of the presenting author, and paper title, suffices. We should
not let lengthy introductions reduce time for presentation and discussion.
- Be responsible for timekeeping:
• START ON TIME and ensure each speaker keeps to their allotted time (20 min presentation, 10 min question time). Try to warn
authors when 5 and 1 minutes presentation time remains, respectively.
• Sessions are run concurrently. Participants will want to change between the allotted 30 minute allocations for the individual paper
presentations. It is essential that all paper presentations across the concurrent sessions start and end at the same time.
• Therefore, if there is a ‘no show’ you cannot move to the next paper until its scheduled time begins, or allow extra time to the
remaining papers. Instead, the Chair should encourage participants to join another session during any gap in their session
(hopefully to come back for the last paper).
- Facilitate the allocated discussion at the end of the presentation
- Thank the speaker/s.
- Make any announcements requested by the Conference Organising Committee.
If you have any queries, please contact Karen Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org 0409 483 144