AUSTRALIAN CENTRE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP RESEARCH EXCHANGE
5-9 FEB 2024
University of Technology Sydney
Call for Abstracts
The ACERE Conference is a highly respected annual event that unites distinguished scholars, entrepreneurship researchers, practitioners, educators, and policymakers worldwide, fostering collaboration, knowledge exchange, and entrepreneurial innovation. Renowned for its inclusive and interdisciplinary approach, this conference serves as a platform for discussing cutting-edge research, sharing insights, and exploring strategies that empower researchers, entrepreneurs, and educators to develop robust research skills for informed practices.
Why Attend ACERE 2024?
- Unparalleled Collaboration: ACERE cultivates an environment that thrives on collaboration. Engage with top scholars, esteemed researchers, and industry professionals to establish new partnerships and exchange ground-breaking ideas that can shape the future of entrepreneurship.
- Cutting-Edge Research: ACERE is a pioneer in entrepreneurship research. Present your work and gain valuable insights from field experts. Stay current with the latest trends, methodologies, and theoretical frameworks that drive knowledge-informed practices.
- Empowerment through Knowledge: ACERE empowers entrepreneurship researchers, entrepreneurs, and educators. Discover strategies, tools, and resources to enhance your research skills and contribute to developing robust knowledge-informed practices.
- Global Perspectives: ACERE brings together a diverse international community of scholars and practitioners. Gain fresh perspectives, expand your network, and learn from experiences across borders. Explore the cultural, social, and economic intricacies that shape entrepreneurial ecosystems worldwide.
- Impactful Practitioner Insights: ACERE attracts educators, policymakers, and entrepreneurs crucial in shaping the entrepreneurship ecosystem. Engage in meaningful discussions, share your research findings, and influence entrepreneurial decisions to drive positive change and support entrepreneurial development.
Conference Theme: “Entrepreneurship in an Age of Complexity and Societal Change”
We are in an age of crisis and chaos, which generate uncertainty and opportunities. From brave ideas and community-led action to international policy and environmental shifts, this year, we spotlight how entrepreneurship is an emergent, transdisciplinary, and multi-level phenomenon. We encourage submissions that address complex research questions across all levels. Such questions include addressing individual learners in primary schools to develop their sustainable entrepreneurial agency, to a meso-level that recognises that startup support organisations need support themselves, to more macro-level debates about how much innovation policy is enough. Almost by definition, entrepreneurship is about creating and capturing value to survive and, ideally, thrive. But by adopting a wider view of the phenomenon, we can look beyond the immediate needs of the founder to explore how modern multi-stakeholder ecosystems can meet their present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to thrive.
- Alliances, Teams & Networks
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Economies of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Cognition
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems and Complexity
- Entrepreneurial Growth & Performance
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Entrepreneurship Education & Training
- Family Business
- Gender Issues in Entrepreneurship
- High Technology Entrepreneurship/Incubators/
- Human Resources Management in Entrepreneurship
- Indigenous & Minority Entrepreneurship
- International Entrepreneurship
- New Venture Creation and Funding
- New Venture Risk and Failure
- Psychology of Entrepreneurship
- Resource Acquisition
- Public Policy for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Research Methods & Entrepreneurship
- Small Business Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Sociology of Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Technology/Technology Transfer
- Uncertainty and Opportunity
We invite researchers, scholars, practitioners, and policymakers to submit their extended abstracts (maximum 1 000 words) related to the conference theme and key topics. Submissions should clearly articulate the research question, methodology, findings, and contributions. All submissions will undergo a rigorous peer-review process by experts in the field. Please see the detailed submission guidelines here.
• Abstract submission deadline: 15 July to 15 September 2023 (see the submission page)
• Notification of acceptance: 15 October 2023
• Full Paper submission: 15 November 2023
• Final Paper Acceptance Notification: 15 December 2023
• Early Bird Registration: 15 December 2023 to 31 December 2023
• Late Registration: 1 January 2024 to 15 January 2024
• Conference Dates: 5-9 February 2024
Venue: ACERE 2024 will be held in Sydney and hosted by the University of Technology Sydney.
The 2024 edition of ACERE will be organised with a strong focus on face-to-face mode. We will have some online sessions and recordings of keynote presentations.
In addition to presenting papers, ACERE 2024 will feature keynote addresses by renowned experts, panel discussions, paper development workshops (PDWs), a doctoral consortium, an educator’s forum, an industry forum, and networking opportunities. Participants can engage with leading scholars and practitioners, exchange ideas, and forge collaborations that advance entrepreneurship research and practice.
Detailed information on PDWs, Industry Forum, Educator’s Forum, and Doctoral Consortium will be available on the conference website soon.
We look forward to welcoming you to ACERE 2024, where entrepreneurship research and practice converge to shape the future of innovation and entrepreneurship.