ACERE Doctoral Consortium (DC)
Are you pursuing a PhD on an entrepreneurship-related topic?
Then this is for you!
When: Monday, 6 February 2023 – 9am-5pm including lunch, morning tea and afternoon, followed by an evening social event.
Where: Building 14; Room 217, University of Queensland, Brisbane, and online.
The 2023 ACERE Doctoral Consortium will once again provide a forum for PhD students to learn and develop as scholars. Attendees will have the opportunity to receive developmental feedback from leading scholars on their research, learn about how to develop a publication strategy and broader pathways for impact from early on in their PhDs projects, and gain advise on how best to prepare for the job market. The Consortium will be hosted at the University of Queensland in Brisbane as well as being available for participants online.
- To provide expert advice on research and challenges in the PhD process
- To gain a deeper understanding about how to develop a publication strategy and build impact pathways from early in the PhD project
- To support entrepreneurship-related PhD students to further develop their research strategies and portfolio, with a balanced emphasis on publication outputs and societal impact
- To facilitate and promote networking with others in their field of research from different institutions
- To meet leading International and Australian Entrepreneurship researchers in an informal setting and learn about where the field has come from and where it’s going
- To share first-hand experience of the review process, what to expect, and how to manage it
- To gain deeper insights into the job market, with tips and tricks for finishing, finding a job and thriving through the PhD process
The program provides the opportunity to receive advice on your research and any specific challenges you face in an informal discussion setting with leading scholars in the field. There will be a combination of small group discussions, Q&As, panels, and seminars.
Confirmed Participating Faculty
- Dean Shepherd, Notre Dame University
- Greg Fisher, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Sherry Thatcher, University of Tennessee
- Jeff McMullen, Kelly School of Business, Indiana University
- Per Davidsson, Queensland University of Technology and Jönköping University
- Sam MacAulay, The University of Queensland
- Stephen Zhang, The University of Adelaide
- Anna-Katharina Lenz, Farmer Business School, Miami University
Prior to the conference you will need to submit a CV that contains a paragraph length description of your studies and their status (i.e., writing, data analysis, data collection, working paper; conference paper, Revise and Resubmit etc.) and a 2-slide PowerPoint presentation on your research program. You will actively participate in the discussion of the paper. More details will be provided once your participation is confirmed.
We also encourage all participants to sign-up as reviewers of abstracts for the conference. This is a great opportunity to give back to field and get an insight into the review process.
To apply for the consortium, please fill in the following details. Applications close 30th of November.
- Institution, Faculty, and Department/Discipline
- a CV that contains any working papers, conference papers, or publications and their status (i.e., writing, data analysis, data collection, Revise & Resubmit, Rejection, etc.), and
- a 2-slide PowerPoint presentation on your research program.