Please find the final program here…
We are delighted to announce already confirmed keynote speakers for ACERE 2022.
- Dean A. Shepherd. Ray and Milann Siegfried Professor of Entrepreneurship at the Mendoza College of Business, Notre Dame University. (Attending in-person)
- Jo Barraket. Distinguished Professor and Director, Centre for Social Impact. Swinburne University of Technology. (Attending in-person)
- Tom Lumpkin. Professor of Entrepreneurship & Executive Director at Tom Love Division of Entrepreneurship, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma. (Attending online)
In addition to that, confirmed speakers and mentors for our Educators Forum and Doctoral Consortium are:
- Professor Heidi Neck, Academic Director Babson Academy (Attending online)
- Vimala Palaniswamy, former Director MIT Bootcamps (Attending online)
- Professor Rowena Barrett, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Entrepreneurship) Queensland University of Technology (attending in-person)
- Emeritus Professor Murray Gillin, Swinburne University of Technology (attending in-person)
- Professor Mile Terziovski, Chair, Department Business Technology and Entrepreneurship (BTE). Swinburne University of Technology (Attending in-person)
- Elaine Chen, Cummings Family Professor of the Practice in Entrepreneurship, Director, Derby Entrepreneurship Center at Tufts (Attending online)
- Dr Grainne Oates, CEO and founder of Quitch education software (Attending in-person)
- Dr Martin Bliemel, Associate Dean Research, University of Technology Sydney (Attending in-person)
- Professor Dean A. Shepherd. Ray and Milann Siegfried Professor of Entrepreneurship at the Mendoza College of Business, Notre Dame University. (Attending in-person)
- Professor Per Davidsson, Talbot Family Foundation Chair in Entrepreneurship at the Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research (ACE) in QUT Business School (Attending in-person)
- Professor Tom Lumpkin. Executive Director at Tom Love Division of Entrepreneurship, Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma. (Attending online)
We also want to take this opportunity to lay out some of our thinking about the conference and how the various scenarios may play out.
- Our preferred scenario, and the one we are actively planning for, is that travel within Australia and New Zealand will be possible by January-February 2022, and possible from other countries. In that case, the conference will essentially be face-to-face in Melbourne, though we will allow some individuals to participate via Zoom.
- At the other extreme, we may all still be in lockdown. If that is the case, we are ready to revert to a fully online conference if needed.
- There may also be intermediate scenarios that we will deal with as they arise.
But, regardless of which scenario eventuates, we strongly suggest that you take a ‘real option’ approach to the conference – physical attendance. When we open the conference registration in late November, please register. It is important to us because we (ACERE) need to have an idea of how many people are coming for catering and other arrangement purpose.
- Standard – AUD
350– Now online
- Student – AUD 150
- EE Forum only – AUD 50
Email us at email@example.com for more information.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to ACERE 2022!
Prof. Martin Obschonka
Director QUT ACE, Chair ACERE Academic Committee
Prof. Mile Terziovski
Head of Department, Business Technology and Entrepreneurship, Swinburne University of Technology, Co-Chair ACERE 2022
Dr Rui Torres de Oliveira
QUT ACE, Co-Chair ACERE 2022
- Standard –
AUD 350– Now ONLINE
- Student – AUD 150
- Online Participation – AUD 150
- EE Forum only – AUD 50
PLEASE NOTE: All presenting authors (or their designated delegate) must be registered by Friday 14 January 2022.
- Access to Sessions
- Delegate Satchel including Program
- Tea Breaks & Lunches
- Cocktail Function/Networking Event
- Doctoral Consortium, if accepted to the program.
- Industry Forum.
- Entrepreneurship Educator’s Forum as presenter and/or observer.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact the conference organisers firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE TO REGISTER as a delegate to the ACERE Conference
ACERE Doctoral Consortium (DC)
Are you pursuing a PhD on an entrepreneurship-related topic?
Then this is for you!
When: Tuesday, February 8th 2022
Where: Hybrid Mode – On location at Swinburne University (Melbourne) and online for those who cannot travel
The ACERE Doctoral Consortium is designed to give students the opportunity to:
- Meet leading International and Australian Entrepreneurship researchers
- Obtain expert feedback on specific challenges you face in your research
- Share experiences and build a network with other doctoral students
- Get first-hand experience of the review process
- Gain tips and tricks for finishing, finding a job, and surviving the process
The program provides the opportunity to pitch and receive feedback on your research and any specific challenges you face in an informal discussion setting with leading scholars in the field. Hear from experts on developing theory and designing research. You will also get key insights into what happens after the PhD from early career researchers who have started their careers but still have the PhD process in fresh memory.
Confirmed Participating Faculty:
Prof. Dean Shepherd, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
Prof. Per Davidsson, Queensland University of Queensland
Prof. Tom Lumpkin, The University of Oklahoma
Dr Anna Jenkins, The University of Queensland
Dr Viet Le, Swinburne University
As part of the application process, you will need to submit a max 1200 overview of your research. You will also be required to write one written review for a paper submitted to the paper development sessions and actively participate in the discussion of the paper.
We also encourage all participants to sign-up as reviewers of abstracts for the conference. This is a great opportunity to give back to the field and get an insight into the review process.
Please email the below details to apply for the doctoral consortium to Anna Jenkins email@example.com and Viet Le: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on November 10th 2021.
Stage in the PhD Process:
Purpose/Main Research Question (max 400 words):
Main Theories (max 400 words):
Main research method(s) (max 400 words):
For any other enquiry, please email us at email@example.com