You are invited to join us to explore what is next for entrepreneurship and education?
Please see details below on how to REGISTER for this event.
JOIN the conversation as presenter or audience at this one-day forum that aims to be the interactive personal development platform for academics, pracademics and industry representatives at the intersection of entrepreneurship and education.
Participants may be interested in exchange of experiential knowledge, tools, co-creation and experiencing innovative learning approaches.
- If you are at the forefront and making a difference in this space, you are invited to submit your proposal to facilitate or present at the Forum. (Call for submission now closed)
- Want to know a more about what’s happening in this space, register for the Forum to join the audience!
Registering for the Forum only. I am not going to the ACERE Conference:
- Registration for non-ACERE delegates is now open.
- The registration fee is AUD 100.
- This fee includes your registration for the one-day event plus and option to attend the ACERE Welcome Reception on Tuesday evening 6:00 to 8:00 pm immediately following the close of the Forum. Please see Here for more details on the Tuesday evening social event.
- Click HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE FORUM ONLY.
Registering for the Forum as an ACERE Delegate:
- Registration for ACERE delegates is included in your conference registration. Click HERE to register for the ACERE Conference
- Once you have registered for the ACERE Conference you will be issued with a receipt. On your receipt there is a Booking Reference Number
- The voucher code: ACERE, and your Booking Reference Number will waive your fee to attend the Forum.
- To attend the Forum it is essential that you REGISTER SEPARATELY FOR THE FORUM EVENT
- PLEASE READ THIS SPECIAL INSTRUCTION THOROUGHLY – use the Voucher code: ACERE and create your booking ON THE FIRST PAGE. On the next page please enter your Booking Reference number from your ACERE registration in the required field, this will give you a $0.00 registration cost to attend the Forum.
Call for submissions NOW CLOSED – please feel welcome to join the conversation and register as a member of the audience.
(Now Closed) Call for submissions of your best workshops or Ted talk style presentations: show and tell!
Creating successful startups is no longer the sole aim of entrepreneurial education programs. Increasingly entrepreneurship education serves multiple purposes, from building innovation competencies and skills to supporting job readiness of graduates, in higher education and beyond. Unlike conventional academic research presentations, successful submissions to this forum will be in the form of either:
- 50 minutes experiential workshop. Learning by doing: Facilitate your best workshop for participants (you run the workshop) and share your insights.
- Ted-talk style 10 minutes short presentation and 5 minutes Q&A
Both formats practice show, don’t just tell. This year’s forum will provide an opportunity for educators to share their innovative workshop practice in four themes:
- Education 4.0, how humans and technology are aligned to enable new learning possibilities like individualised learning, self-directed/project based; edutech/data driven; new assessment models; the role of students in developing the curriculum and the facilitating role of the teacher?
- Job readiness: e.g. the use of innovation competencies/skills, micro credentials or other tools to support innovative experiential learning, creating new pathways for alignment of industry experience (tacit knowledge) and knowledge transfer?
- Innovative models/tools for startup (pre-) acceleration?
- Innovative models/tools for social enterprise development?
Please join us to share your experience with embedding smaller ‘plug-and-play’ or ‘mix-n-match’ modules within your teaching and/or other innovative pedagogical practices.
Guideline to submit your proposal
This Entrepreneurship Educator’s Forum Proposal is due Monday 9 December 2019
Notification to submitters is Monday 16 December 2019
The Forum is to be held on Tuesday 4 February 2019 at Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia in conjunction with the 2020 ACERE Conference.
- All proposals must be submitted in English.
- Your proposal should clearly state the:
- Principal topic: What is the focus of your workshop/presentation? What problem or opportunity does your approach address? What are student learning outcomes and how do you effectively achieve those outcomes? What is the nature of the student impact? (min 100/max 200 words)
- Presentation and pedagogy: Please outline the innovative `Learning by doing` approach in your experiential workshop. If you do a Ted-talk style presentation, how do you make it `show and tell` and interactive? (min 100/max 200 words)
- Key educator takeaway: What is the value of your presentation for other educators? How could your approach be transferred to other innovative pedagogical practices? What are the limitations of your approach? (min 100/max 200 words)
- Although not mandatory you may like to provide a (max 2 minutes) video presenting a short creative elevator pitch. Your video will only be made available to the conference/forum organisers, it will not be publicly available without your permission.
PLEASE NOTE: the details you enter on your submission will be included in the ACERE 2020 Conference Handbook.
- Submission of your proposal by Monday 9 December 2019
- Notification to submitters – Monday 16 December 2019
- All presenters accepted to the program must be registered to attend the Forum by Sunday 5 January to allow for the workshop program to be developed.
- Entrepreneurship Educators Forum – Tuesday, February 4 2020