The ACERE Doctoral Consortium program provides the opportunity to pitch and receive feedback on your research and any specific challenges you face, from leading scholars, in an informal discussion setting. Hear from experts on developing and using theory and research design as well as the journey after the PhD. The #acere2020 #entrepreneurship #doctoralconsortium is to be held at the University of Adelaide READ MORE HERE
Entrepreneurship Educator’s Forum ACERE 2020 EEF Call for submissions of your best workshops or Ted talk style presentations: show and tell! What is next for entrepreneurship and education? If you are at the forefront and making a difference in this space, come and facilitate your best workshop (50 minutes) or short `show and tell` presentation on Tue Feb 4 2020 at ACERE, hosted by Flinders University in Adelaide. More information HERE on the ACERE2020 EEF page
Final paper upload due 31 October 2019 – Early Bird Registration closes 15 November 2019 #acere2020 #entrepreneurship #academic #research #conference
Only authors formally invited via their accepted abstract are invited to upload a full paper for presentation at the conference.
Thank you to those invited authors who uploaded your paper by 1 October 2019 – your paper has qualified for the review process, awards and self-nomination to be considered for the PDS program at ACERE. You will receive more information soon via your email inbox.
If you were accepted to present your paper at the ACERE 2020 Conference and are yet to upload your paper you must upload by the final paper deadline of 31 October 2019. Please read the Paper Guidelines and access the upload link HERE. You are reminded that ALL presenting authors (or their designated delegate) must be registered by the early bird date of 15 November to secure your place in the program.
All presenting authors (or their designated delegate) must be registered by Friday 15 November.
- Early Bird General Registration AUD $850.00 (inc GST) until 15 November 2019 (AUD $950.00 from 16 November 2019)
- Early Bird Student Registration AUD $500.00 (inc GST) until 15 November 2019 (AUD $550.00 from 16 November 2019)
Our main academic program is to be held on the campus of our ACERE 2020 co-hosts the University of South Australia in Adelaide. The three day program – Wednesday 5 to Friday 7 February – will feature Dean Shepherd, David Audretsch, Sara Carter, Per Davidsson, full paper presentations and the interactive roundtable paper development sessions. A huge thank you to the University of South Australia for welcoming us to Adelaide and hosting ACERE for 2020!
Thanks to everyone who submitted their scholarly work for consideration for the 2020 ACERE conference, we are now looking forward to the 2020 conference to be held in Adelaide (Doctoral Consortium 4&7 February; Academic Paper Program & PDS 5-7 February; Entrepreneurship Educators Forum 4 February).
Like in the last years we again received a high number of submission, this year from 30 countries, which is great news. ACERE is the leading entrepreneurship research conference in Australasia with a strong international outreach and high-caliber keynote (the confirmed 2020 keynotes are David Audrtesch, Sara Carter, Dean Shepherd etc..).
However, we need your help – we need more external reviewers for the paper submission. To everyone who has already signed up to review, THANK YOU!
Please sign-up to be a reviewer HERE
The reviewing period for full papers is 15 October to 30 November.
Your contribution as a reviewer is highly valued and essential for such as paper-based conference format.
I hope we can count on you and maybe welcome you in person during ACERE2020 in Adelaide or one of the ACERE conferences in the next years.
Chair, Academic Committee, ACERE conference
With our ACERE 2020 co-hosts, the University of South Australia, we are planning a one-day excursion, likely to be on the Monday prior to the conference start. This day out will give you a taste of what this wonderful South Australian region has to offer – more info to come on this!
Submitting authors with an accepted abstract now have until 1 October to upload your full paper for presentation at the conference. Please ensure you check the Paper Submission Guidelines.
The deadline to submit abstracts for the 2020 Conference was brought back a month earlier than in previous years.
Due to this some people have missed the DEADLINE and we have decided to leave the portal open for one more week.
… if you missed the DEADLINE then PLEASE make sure you DO UPLOAD AT THE LATEST by Monday 15 July as we really need to have your submissions to our reviewing committee during that week.
The ACERE 2020 abstract submission portal is open!
The ACERE 2020 abstract submission portal is open!
Deadline for abstract submission: July 8, 2019
ACERE2020 will take us to the beautiful city of Adelaide, which is famous for its many festivals and sporting events, its long beachfronts, and its food and wines (e.g., Barossa Valley) and we are very pleased to co-host this year’s conference with The University of South Australia.
As every year, please expect the following:
- A very strong group of invited international high-caliber researchers in key roles. For 2020 we can already confirm Dean Shepherd, David Audretsch, Sara Carter and Per Davidsson (plus others)
- A highly developmental format throughout, and in particular for those who opt for a “Paper Development Session“. In these you get comprehensive feedback from peers who have read your paper as well as from your chair, who is a highly experienced international researcher. The conference also features a doctoral consortium.
- The conference is completely devoted to entrepreneurship scholarship and its size is manageable; some 100-150 participants, making for a very enjoyable experience.
- ACERE is a highly international conference, with 1/3 of participants coming from Europe and North America and with representation from a range of other countries in both hemispheres.
- Check the testimonials from participants on the ACERE website.
- If you’re from the Northern hemisphere, February is a very good time to go…somewhere else, like Australia.
- Special social events during the conference (just ask participants of the last ACERE in Sydney this February).
So we hope to see you in Adelaide next February,
With best wishes,
Director, Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research, QUT Business School